Effective Date: 10/2/2020
Information We Collect From You and How We Collect It
Depending on how you use the Service and its features, we or third parties working on our behalf may collect information about you. The type of information we collect from or about you may include: name, email address, address, and any other information you choose to provide to us.
We may collect this information when you use the Service, such as when you:
- Contact us through the website or via email;
- Participate in an event;
- Make a donation;
- Visit our webstore and make a purchase.
We will retain your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed.
How We Use and Share Your Information
We may use the information we collect from you for various purposes, including:
- To provide you with the information you requested;
- To sign you up for our newsletters or other mailings;
- To communicate with you or respond to your correspondence;
- To process your requests, such as to process donations and webstore purchases;
- To consider you for employment or for other employment-related purposes;
- To serve our legitimate organizational purposes and comply with our legal obligations;
- To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal; and
- To improve our Service in order to better serve you.
We may share your information with subcontractors, vendors, and/or other third-parties that carry out certain services on our behalf, including purposes listed above. In certain circumstances, we may aggregate and/or de-identify information collected through the Service and use or share that aggregated/or de-identified information for additional purposes.
Indraloka is based in the United States, and the Service and this website are designed for users in, and operated by us from, the United States. If you reside outside the United States and use our Service or otherwise provide information to us, you consent that your personal information will be transferred to and processed in the United States, which may not provide a level of protection for personal information deemed adequate by your home country.
Legal Bases for Processing of Your Information
- Where use of your information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others (for example, to operate our organization, provide security for the Service);
- Where use of your information is necessary for compliance with a contract or legal obligation to which we are subject; or
- Where you have consented to your information being processed in this way.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Service, we may use “cookies,” pixels, or other technologies to assist us in collecting certain information. Cookies are small text files that a website or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your browser (if your browser allows it) that enables our website’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. A pixel is an analytics tool that consists of a piece of code imbedded in the website that allows us to better understand actions taken through the website.
When you use the Service, cookies and similar technologies may collect:
- Details of your visits to the Service, including data about the features that you access and use; and
- Information about the computer or device and internet connection used to access the Service, such as your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
These technologies do not collect information that can directly identify you, but we may link the information we collect through these cookies to personal information about you from other sources, including information you provide to us.
We may use the information gathered by cookies and similar technologies to:
- Help us remember and understand your preferences based on your previous or current site activity to make the Service more easily navigable and more useful for you; and
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to improve the Service.
Most browsers include tools to help you manage cookies. For example, you should be able to choose to have your browser warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off (i.e., refuse to accept) all cookies. Each browser is different, however, so please consult your browser’s “Help” menu to learn the correct way to modify how your browser handles cookies. You can find more information about cookies and how to disable cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Keep in mind that we need certain information in order to provide the Service to you. If you disable cookies, you may no longer be able to use or access some features of the Service.
Do Not Track and Third-Party Links
How We Protect Your Information
We use reasonable measures to prevent unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification or unlawful destruction or accidental loss of personal information.
Although we exercise reasonable care in providing secure transmission of information and storage of the information you provide us through the Service, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no means of electronic or physical storage, is absolutely secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
The Service is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information through the Service or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will promptly delete that information. We do not knowingly process the data of EU residents under the age of 16. If we become aware we are processing the data of an EU resident under the age of 16 without parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as soon as possible. If you believe we might have personal information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
California Privacy Rights
California law gives residents of California the right under certain circumstances to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information (as defined by applicable California law) with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. However, we do not share your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
Indraloka Animal Sanctuary
Attn: Privacy Compliance
Mehoopany PA 18629